Frequently asked questions
To help you enjoy your stay at Northleigh House we have put together a list of the most frequently asked questions.
- How many guests can the house accommodate?
Northleigh House is able to sleep up to eight guests plus infants in cots.
- How many bedrooms are there at Northleigh House?
There are four bedrooms at Northleigh House, which are located on the first floor. The bedrooms include two doubles with king-size beds, a double/twin with link beds and a twin bedroom with two full size single beds.
- How many bathrooms are there at Northleigh House?
Currently there is one full bathroom at the house, one shower-room and a ground floor cloakroom.
- Is bed linen included in the price?
Yes bed linen (not cot linen) is included in the price.
- Are towels provided?
Yes towels (not beach) are provided.
- Is WiFi available?
Yes WiFi is available at the house.
- Is there a wood burning stove and are logs supplied?
Yes a wood burning stove is located in the living room and the initial basket of logs is provided.
- What equipment is provided for babies/toddlers?
A travel cot and a high chair are available on request.
- Are dogs welcome?
Yes one well behaved dog over the age of 12 months is welcome at Northleigh House.
- What is your dogs policy?
Dogs are charged at an additional £30 each. Dogs should be over the age of 12 months and kept downstairs off the furniture. We also request that dogs are supervised in the garden and cleaned up after. Owners are responsible for their dogs and any damage they do at all times.
- What is the charge for dogs?
Dogs are charged at an additional £30.00 each.
- Is the garden enclosed?
Yes the garden is enclosed when all gates are closed.
- What features can be found in the garden?
There is a children’s play area with a slide, climbing rope and swing located in the front garden along with garden furniture. To the rear is a table tennis table. Please note the garden attracts lots of local birds and there are feeders placed around the garden.
- Is there a pool/snooker table?
Yes, the dining table can convert into a snooker/pool table and all balls and cues are provided.
- Is there a ground floor bedroom or bathroom?
There is a ground floor cloakroom.
- What is your arrival day?
Our standard arrival day is a Friday.
- What is the arrival/departure time?
You are welcome to arrive at the house anytime after 4pm. Departure time is 10am.
- Is the house open all year round?
Yes, the house is open all year round.
- Do you accept short breaks?
Yes, we are happy to accept short breaks outside of school holidays.
- How do we book?
The easiest way to book is via our online calendar, however, you can also book via email or by calling 01271 377 432. To secure a booking we require a 30% deposit with the outstanding balance due eight weeks prior to arrival.
- What payment methods are accepted?
We are happy to accept payment via credit/debit card, bank transfer, PayPal and cheque.
- What is the security deposit and when is it returned?
A refundable £200.00 security deposit is required when paying the balance. All being well it is returned to you via Bank Transfer within seven working days of your departure.
- What is the booking fee?
A 2% booking fee is applied at the time of booking to cover the administration and processing of each booking.
- How far is the nearest pub?
The nearest pub is The New Inn at Goodleigh, which is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the house.
- Can we get a supermarket delivery?
Yes, all major supermarkets will deliver to the house.
- How far is the beach?
The beach at Saunton is about a 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic. Croyde and Woolacombe are accessible in around 30 minutes as is Westward Ho!